DAY 1 continues. Aira is successful in making a fire using the flint provided EARLY ON. The CAs then decided to look for food on the beach (Oysters and shrimps according to Aubrey). Aki tried to climb up the coconut (in jeans) but failed. Michelle observed that Moi, Mykah and Doc Ferds are good in food gathering. In the evening, they had a meal from what was gathered from the beach (Mico: Ayaw kumain nung una pero later on sarap na sarap sya.) [Segment 1 including intro and last night's epi highlights = 8 minutes]
NIGHT 1: Rain fell down, making the CAs uncomfortable getting sleep and rest. What's worse, their fire went out adding up to their coldness. (Solenn: Long night of my life). Mico, Doc Ferds and Buhawi caught some rainwater using their raincoats to serve as drinking water. [Segment 2 = 3 minutes]
To kill some uncomfortable time and tension, Trizsa shared some joke (Ano ang sabi ng kilay sa kabilang kilay? Eye-brow) Most of the CAs have not got any sleep because of the noise of fellow CAs and mosquito bites. [Segment 3 = 2 minutes, 10 seconds]
The following morning, Elma, Mykah and Buwi continued to look for food at the beach (Elma: wala pa ring bigas; Mykah [to the crab who bit her]: Leche ka!). Back at camp, Solenn stated that her last meal was isang pandesal tsaka ___ bcoz of her allergy at seafoods preventing her to share the meal at camp. Later on, Trizsa had some hush conversation with Aubrey regarding her lovelife;
Trizsa: Naging kayo pala ni ano? Nagtagal kayo ni Jon?
Aubrey: Mga one and a half
Trizsa: Sino mas bongga? Si Jon or si Troy?
Aubrey: Read between the lines. My dream guy is now with me. Wala, yung kay Jon, tapos na yun.
Trizsa: Ako yung dream guy is now with you?
Aubrey: Hindi ikaw.. si Troy.
Later on, sa interview with Jon: Wala akong narinig na rumor na kasali sya (Aubrey). Ang then, when we get to the press conference, there she is. So for me, I was thinking, what is she here for? Is she here for.. to try and win? to try and play? or is she here just for exposure and wasting another spot that somebody could use.
Back to Aubrey and Trizsa, Aubrey informed Trizsa that Michelle is the current girlfriend of Jon.
Back to Jon: I dont trust her (referring to Aubrey).
Much later on, the CAs got their first tree mail written in Filipino which Ian (?) tried to read. Michelle grabbed the mail from Ian quipping "hindi binasa ng maayos". She then read again:
Tubig, apoy, lupa at hangin
Apat na elemento ay pagsama-samahin
Ipunin ang lakas, ipunin ang galing
Dahil ang kasama ay kalaban ninyo na rin
TOMORROW'S EPI: THE FIRST REWARDS CHALLENGE (Chard, bakit lakad ka ng lakad habang nagsasalita?)
[Segment 4 including tomorrow's teaser = 6 minutes and 45 seconds]
Musings by Anak Ng Tinapa
Have you taken a pee while wearing a gown... on board a speeding jeepney? Well, this season certainly established novelty very early on.
And leave it to Richard to sneak in an action stunt here and there. Let’s see Jeff Probst do that.
You know it's Survivor Philippines when the commercials take as much time as the episode. At least now, the dailies last more than just half an hour.
Not much happens yet to establish lasting impressions, well maybe except for the over-enthusiastic young'uns.
Boys certainly has something to look forward to in the following epi's when the girls do their tribal struts.
The celebrity power will probably draw new audiences (mostly enduring fans and supporters of these castaways) to the top rating series. These fans will be interested to see how these individuals who are used to the perks and privileges of their stature will endure the same hardships and challenges previous castaways have experienced in the past.
May kasabihan tayo na "First impressions lasts". If we want these new viewers to stay, the first episode must not only be good but great. Ang pinaka kritikal dito ay ang opening scene. This will be the first time to introduce the show to these new viewers.
For the past seasons, its the host who opens up the first episode. Since Richard will be hosting this year, his throngs of fans will be be glued in their sets from the very first moment. Dahil high caliber celebrity host si Richard, karapat dapat na bonggang bongga (Major Major in english) ang gawin niyang opening scene. Eto ang mga suggested kong mga Openning Scenes base sa mga sumikat na Top Rating TV shows, Box-Office Hit Movies, at iba pa:
1. Adopted from Till I Met U: Ok. Picture this. Richard flying a sea plane with KC Concepcion (aren't they a cute couple?) as his passenger along with the celebrity castaways. The plane has problems and they have an emergency landing at sea near the remote island in SP. Richard takes charge by making a tent out of palm leaves and building a fire.
2. Adopted from "The Expendables" by Sylvester Stallone: Richard again a pilot of a military cargo plane flying the celeb castaways (in special ops uniforms acting like mercenaries) to an island country nation. They will try to liberate the inhabitants from an oppressive dictator and a rogue CIA operative. Of course they will also compete in challenges to be the sole survivor.
3. Adopted from "Lost" the tv series. Richard still a pilot but now for a commercial passenger jet of Oceanic Flight 815 flying between Sydney and Los Angeles. Caught in a wild and strong air turbulence, the plane breaks apart in mid air separating the celeb castaways into two tribes..er I mean two groups when both sections of the plane crash in two opposite and unreachable sides of a mysterious island. (this is my top choice for the OSFE kung may budget)
4. Adopted from "Tropic Thunder". Richard and the celebrity castaways try to be action stars in a war movie set in the rebel infested jungles somewhere in Asia. Split into two platoons, the castaways are unaware that they were accidentally separated from the movie crew and are on their own. The jungle, rebels, and action are all real.
5. Adopted from "Dora, the Explorer". Richard is tasked to look for the castaways lost in a remote island. With the help of his trusty backpack and map, Richard moves from one point to the other while the viewers participate in counting, saying new words, and telling swiper not to swipe. After completing a series of activities, Richard finds the castaways. Yay!
I know its a little late to adopt these opening scenes, but who knows?
Counting down to August 30.
Nakabalik na sa bansa si Richard Gutierrez matapos ang isang buwan na pananatili sa isang isla kung saan ginawa ang celebrity edition ng Survivor Philippines. Totoo nga bang minumulto ang tinuluyan nilang isla?
Ang mga magulang na sina Eddie Gutierrez at Annabelle Rama ang sumundo kay Richard nang dumating ito sa airport nitong Miyerkules ng gabi. Mahigpit na niyakap ng binata ang kanyang ama’t ina na hindi niya nakita ng isang buwan.
Ayon kay entertainment reporter Lhar Santiago, makikita sa katawan ni Richard na nabawasan ito ng timbang. Pero sakabila ng hirap, masaya raw ang aktor sa kanyang naging karanasan.
“Amazing experience, talagang unforgettable. Tumira kami sa isla ng isang buwan, marami kaming pinadaang hirap at saya. I’m just happy na nandito na uli ako sa Pilipinas," pahayag ni Richard sa Chika Minute ng GMA news 24 Oras nitong Huwebes.
Pinuri din ni Richard sa mga celebrity na sumali sa third season ng Survivor Philippines. Sa ipinakitang lakas, tapang at determinasyon ng mga castaway, at mga pangyayari sa isla, dapat daw itong tawaging extreme edition. (Basahin: Celeb castaways in Survivor Philippines revealed)
“Extreme weather condition, ngayon niyo lang makikita ang ganung klaseng bagyo na tumama sa isla…ang daming venomous snake sa paligid at kakaiba talaga," patuloy niya.
May kakaibang experience din umano ang mga celebrity castaway sa isla na pinapaniwalaang gawa ng mga ligaw na kaluluwa.
“Sabi ni Ervic sa’ken sa isla ilang beses silang minumulto…may naririnig silang boses, kumakanta, mga paa tumatakbo, bata na umiiyak. Kasi tsunami area pala yun (lugar sa isla) before," ayon kay Richard.
Hindi pa man naipapalabas ang third edition ng Survivor Philippines: Celebrity showdown, sinabi ni Richard na handa siyang sumabak para sa ika-apat na edisyon nito kung bibigyan siya ng pagkakataon.
“Yung experience talaga sa Survivor walang kapalit, yung accomplishment, yun fulfillment inside walang siyang kapalit," pahayag niya.
Samantala, lalo pang sumaya si Richard nang malaman niya na tumabo sa talikya ang movie nila nina Claudine Barretto at Anne Curtis na In Your Eyes.
Pinasalamatan ng aktor ang kanyang dalawang leading ladies sa ginawang pagpromote sa kanilang movie, ganun din sa mga taong nanood ng In Your Eyes. - Fidel R. Jimenez, GMANews.TV
GMA has finally revealed the official 18 castaways of Survivor Philippines Celebrity Showdown last night at Chika Minute 24 Oras. They are:
1. Mico Aytona
2. Buhawi Meneses
3. Princess Snell
4. Solenn Heusaff
5. Aubrey Miles
6. Ervic Vijandre
7. Jon Hall
8. Michelle Madrigal
9. Moi Marcampo
10. Akihiro Sato
11. Elma Muros
12. Karen Delos Reyes
13. Pretty Trisza
14. Aira Bermudez
15. Ian Batherson
16. Mykah of Bubble Gang
17. Ahron Villena
18. Doc Ferds Recio
Wait for their pages on this blog
Now that the Celebrity Castaways have been finally revealed, how do you think they would fare in the competition? They will not only be trying to survive the elements but will have to survive each other. We may have only seen a few teasers, but here are my fearless forecasts
1. Aubrey Miles will be successful in convincing P Snell, Aira, Michelle, Solenn, and at some point even Karen. Not to form a "girls' alliance" but to have a photo shoot for the Survivor Philippines 2011 calendar.
2. Doc Ferds realizes that he is better off staying with the animals in the wild instead of being with his tribe.
3. Elma Muros will again make us proud as she represents our country in this international competition. I say that not only because it is being held outside the Philippines but considering she will be up against fil-foreigners and a Brazilian-Japanese.
4. John Hall will have the same fate of John Lopez of season 1. Not only will he suffer fatigue from lack of potassium in his body but will have a passionate bromance with a fellow tribemate.
5. Coincidentally, Ervic will admit that Jace Flores is his favorite Survivor Philippines castaway
6. Pretty Trisha will be part of the jury. Every Tribal Council, he will criticize the performance of each castaway and heckle them. He will later realize that his role is to select the sole survivor and Survivor Philippines is not a talent show.
7. Buwi will be reunited with Chito Miranda, frontman of Parokya, in the "castaway with friend or relative" challenge. At some point, Buwi will tell Chito he is quitting Parokya and form a new band with Mico, Ian, and Ahron as his new bandmates. The band will be called "Shovel Time"
8. Moi will not feel bad if she does not become the sole survivor. If voted out, she is willing to spend the rest of the time being Richard's personal assistant.
9. On the other hand, Mykah plans to be the sole survivor. With all the fame and fortune that comes from being a winner, she will ask Moi to convince Piolo to be her leading man in her first big break in show business.
10. Dotcomers will eagerly await the "cameo appearance" of Happy Camper. Ahohoho!
So what's your fearless forecast?